Link to pdf : STG Meeting Minutes 220316
Link to pdf : STG Meeting Minutes 220316
Please note that the school teacher’s job is no longer open for applicants as a new teacher was found some months ago.
However the two properties advertised under the property tab above are unsold.
Michel’s house is no longer for sale and is available for rent instead.
Scoraig Teaching Group
Committee Meeting Minutes 12th January ‘16
Present: Jill, Aggie, Chisha, Zoe, Janet, Estha, Anthea
Apologies: Jessie, Lisa, Mairead
(1) Current Balance £2733.82. Total Receipts this year so far £4666.35. Total Payments this year so far £8699.49. This year so far deficit of £4033.14. (There are a number of anticipated receipts so predicted annual deficit expected to be around £2500±).
(2) Fundraising – Christmas Fayre on 6th Dec raised £108.00 – many thanks to all who contributed.
(1) Village Hall Grant Scheme – application submitted, decision pending on potential £1K.
(2) Driftwood – AT5 Form and Short Assured Tenancy Agreement now signed. Deposit banked with Safe Deposits Scotland. Received EPC and EIRC/PAT Certificates. Recommendations from these reports to be discussed. Gas Safety Certificate still outstanding.
(3) Anna has kindly offered to cover Zoe’s maternity break, Anna to be asked about overlap period with Zoe at the end of March.
(1) Zoe to look into the energy saving trust grant, to evaluate whether or not Driftwood would be eligible for funds toward insulation.
2) Anthea to contact Pat regarding upcycling one of Pat’s stored carpets for use in Driftwood.
(3) Davy to be asked about insulating Driftwood doors.
(4) Zoe to investigate prices for underlay.
5) Stuart and Sandy to receive STG minutes.
(6) Thanks to John Davy for work on Driftwood wall.
(7)Thanks to Lawrence and Estha for the timely advise on the Driftwood Rayburn.
(8) As far as the ongoing gas dilemma is concerned, the committee is awaiting confirmation from a contact from Achiltibuie about a possible gas safe engineer who can come and assess the safety of the cooker in Driftwood in line with the requirement for a Gas Safety Certificate.
(1) Temporary solution to the fuel store problem has been suggested by Anthea involving two wardrobe doors used to replace the rusted corrugated tin covers in use now.
(2) Thank you to Aggie for sorting the toy storage cupboard.
(1) The all-day café and craft fair in December raised £108
(2) Tai Chi is being held every Tuesday at the Secondary school on a per donation basis with an optional Thursday session to all those who cannot make the Tuesday class.
(3) If anyone has any suggestions about fundraising events, please contact a committee member.
Next meeting the 23rd of February 11am.
STG Meeting Minutes Tuesday 3rd November 2015
Present: Jill, Aggie, Jan, Estha, Lisa, Jessie, Anthea, Zoë
Apolgies: Chisha, Mairead
(1) Admin Update:
(i) Accounts – Current balance £4,637.04. Bills from Nigel and Luke have been received, so total for the Driftwood Porch refurb is now £1210.60. Further stonework required. The Brunch raised £105.05 and the Curry Night £108.
(ii) VAT Charity Registration – STG now recognised by HMRC as a charity for tax purposes. Eligible the following:
Gift Aid – donations above £20 we can claim back income tax paid by donor if they fill in the appropriate form. Suggest now giving out forms.
Small Donations Scheme – donations of £20 or less can claim 25% back from HMRC. Again suggest we do this from now on.
VAT Relief – on some goods and services, power and fuel and goods for disabled people. This needs to be negotiated with suppliers at point of sale so any relevant future purchases should have this in mind.
(iii)OSCR Return – Submitted and accepted though they noted that name of Trustees need to be included in the annual report. I supplied them with the names, Jill Beavitt as Chair, Estha Rushforth as Treasurer and Jessie Millard as Secretary and will ensure this included in future years.
(iv) OSCR Constitution Changes – The appropriate form has been submitted but no response as yet.
(v) Registration as Landlord for Driftwood as Long term Let – Form has been completed and returned. Further requirements are an Energy Performance Certificate (DM Hall or Allied Surveyors could do it £135±), Furnished – fire safety tickets on all furniture supplied. (Jill looking into Gas Saftey and Electrical Certification).
(vi) Village Hall Grant Scheme – due 31st December – confirmed committee is happy for this to be applied for again this year. Potential £1k towards running costs.
(a) Landlord Registration
The various aspects of landlord registration were discussed :
(1) Electrical certificate
(2) Gas certificate
(3) Energy performance certificate
(b) Fire Safety
Book to be started and regular checks need to be done.
(c) Long term let
‘Driftwood’ will be tenanted as a long term (permanent) let as from the 27th December 2015.
For short term tenants fuel will be provided as part of the rent.
(e) List of suppliers
A list of useful suppliers will be provided by the end of December.
(f) Tenancy Agreement
The terms of the tenancy agreement for long-term let were discussed.
(3) Secondary School
(a) Events :
Curry night was successful and enjoyed by all.
Fireworks night to be held Saturday 7th November.
Produce/craft fair and all day cafe to be held Saturday 6th December at the secondary school
10.30 – 3pm. To book a table txt Anthea. ( 0777 0415611)
‘Camping’ in the school will be discussed further at a later date.
Date of next meeting – Tuesday 1st December at 11am
SCA Extraordinary General Meeting
held on Sunday 25th October 2015
Present: Malcolm Alston, Laurence Glass, Cathy Dagg, Nigel Rushforth, Aggie Brudenell, Estha Rushforth
Apologies: Ewan Bush
download SCA EGM 25.10.15
Scoraig Community Association
Public meeting held on 11.10.15
Minutes (download SCA meeting 11.10.15)
Present: Aggie Brudenell, Laurence Glass, Cathy Dagg, Dale Nicholson, Malcolm Alston, Elly Edwards, Don Staniford, Luke Richards, Paul Betts, Janet Betts, Nigel Rushforth, Andy Cox, Martha Kerr, John Sangster, Sandy Lamb
1.Minutes of previous meeting read and approved
2.1 Road job gaffer/ overseer/ co-ordinator. This role had been discussed at previous meeting and David Bush had expressed an interest but he has not been in touch since. Nigel would be prepared to do the job for the west end but not the east. Laurence then proposed that he resign as director of SCA to do the job. This was met with general approval and agreed to call an EGM in two weeks time, 25th October.
2.2 Discussion: The following aspects of the road job were discussed in detail: