Scoraig Community Association
Public meeting held on 11.10.15
Minutes (download SCA meeting 11.10.15)
Present: Aggie Brudenell, Laurence Glass, Cathy Dagg, Dale Nicholson, Malcolm Alston, Elly Edwards, Don Staniford, Luke Richards, Paul Betts, Janet Betts, Nigel Rushforth, Andy Cox, Martha Kerr, John Sangster, Sandy Lamb
1.Minutes of previous meeting read and approved
2.1 Road job gaffer/ overseer/ co-ordinator. This role had been discussed at previous meeting and David Bush had expressed an interest but he has not been in touch since. Nigel would be prepared to do the job for the west end but not the east. Laurence then proposed that he resign as director of SCA to do the job. This was met with general approval and agreed to call an EGM in two weeks time, 25th October.
2.2 Discussion: The following aspects of the road job were discussed in detail:
- Environmental impact of taking pebbles from by the pier, and alternatives. Some stone is produced during sand quarrying but requires a stone crusher. Agreed best use of available HC budget may be to buy aggregate. First HC will be approached to see if they can provide materials or plant. If none forthcoming, then £500 to be spent.
- Value of volunteer days, but qualified with comment that volunteers need direction. Jan Betts suggested doing an audit of available plant and vehicles and peoples willingness to use on road.
- Necessity of good road use, ie speed limit observed by all, 15mph is preferable but unenforceable. Andy Cox suggested road tax, but Malcolm felt this is already covered by our paying Council Tax
- Footpath to Badrallach should be allocated its own budget, agreed £270 out of this year’s remaining budget
- Road mending methodology: Andy Cox suggested ripping it up a section at a time and re-grading but this won’t work where it is eroded down to bedrock. Agreed different sections need different mends
- Prioritising sections: agreed that the section above the Beavitts needs doing.
- Community Broadband: SCA has been approached to see what interest there is. Laurence will respond.
- Bonfire Night: Saturday 7th provisionally. Malcolm will provide wood for bonfire and the usual contributions will be made for fireworks.
- Next meeting is EGM on Sunday 25th October at SSS at 4pm. Laurence will resign as chair and a new chair will be appointed from present SCA directors.