SCA meeting minutes from 22nd March 2015

Scoraig Community Association
Minutes of a meeting held on 22.3.15

Present: Laurence Glass, Cathy Dagg, Dale Nicholson, Aggie Brudenell, David Bush, Zoe Fothergill, Martha Kerr, Luke Richards, Jan Betts, Paul Betts, Wojcieck Paszczyk, Jessie Millard

Apologies: Bill Burstall, Lisa Grant, Estha Rushforth

1.Minutes of previous meeting approved

2.Letter from Bill re. Boat maintenance schedule and firefighting equipment was read out to meeting.

3.Firefighting: A site has been chosen by the SSS gate for the beaters and land-drain holder. Aggie will dig the hole. 25 litre water containers are in the nursery shed and Jonah has tarp for covering them when they’re placed out on the hill. Paul and Luke offered to help get the containers into place along the ridge.

4 Road Maintenance: The last invoice has gone to HC but has not yet been paid. It was agreed that in future all timesheets should be submitted within 2 months of work being completed in order to keep our accounting up to date. At present there is no money to pay people, but voluntary work is always welcome. People could take responsibility for the sections below or through their crofts in terms of clearing ditches and culverts and diverting water flowing down tracks.

Davy has done a costing for creating a turning circle below no.10. John Sangster has said he will still dig sand from the quarry above his, but will have to charge £35 per hour from now on. Agreed that it’s still probably worth it as he can shift a lot of sand in an hour. Paul Betts pointed out that he too has a digger.

There followed a discussion about the need for capping pebbles with sand. Paul wondered if a dry sand/cement mix would be preferable, Laurence thought it would be too dry to go off. There was interest in trying a short section at the bottom of Chris’s hill.

Sleeping policemen below the Secondary School have not yet been put in. This could be done as part of the proposed volunteer day

There will be a volunteer road mending day on Sunday 10th May

  1. Mooring Boat: The engine is possibly running better, but there is possibly water getting into the connectors, and it was pointed out that it’s best to dangle these over the oars to keep water out. No new oars have been commissioned yet after it was ascertained that Topher’s friend would charge £200 each. Bev and Davy will be approached. Dale and Aggie are getting tar and W is sorting ropes. A date in May will be announced for getting the boat back into the water. The old rope will be for sale soon. There have been no bids for the Yamaha 8 so Laurence will keep it for spares for the new 8 replacing the 6.

 

  1. Badluarach car park. The abandoned caravans belonging to Ivan and Tony Marsh, and old trailers, should be removed. Laurence offered to contact Tony Marsh and offer to place his caravan on e-bay Martha offered to investigate the possibilities for official removal. Luke will dismantle and recycle his caravan

 

Bags of cement have been dumped in the pier shed and should be removed if anyone knows who they belong to. There is a problem with bins being filled with non-Scoraig rubbish when they are not locked, and with ordinary rubbish being put in the recycling bin so that the entire binfull had to go to landfill. Bill has spare bin keys if anyone has lost theirs

 

Peter Young’s shed is falling down, Laurence will contact him to ask what his plans are.

 

  1. Goats: Estate stalker is being contacted

 

  1. Ali Seanaids: Now that this house is going on the market, W and Chisha may have to move out this summer. W asked if anyone could think of somewhere else for them to stay.

 

  1. Next Meeting Sunday 7th June

 

 

Cheers   Cathy

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *