SCA meeting minutes from 24th January

Scoraig Community Association

Minutes of a meeting held on 24.1.15

Present: Laurence Glass, Cathy Dagg, David Bush, Wojcieck Paszczyk, Andy Cox, Jill Beavitt, Jan Betts, Paul Betts, Luke Richards, Dale Nicolson, Aggie Brudenell, Bev Beavitt, Jessie Millard, Martha Kerr, Estha Rushforth, Bill Burstall

1.Minutes of meeting held on 19.11.14 were approved

  1. Mooring Boat: There are still problems with engine. Agreed to send it back to Brian Eadie for another look, with a suggestion it may be an ignition timing problem. Meanwhile, it may be possible to borrow or buy Chris Latham’s engine. Bev offered to look at the engine and report back. Bill may be able to cobble together a working engine. The old engine will be sold for spare parts, sealed bids to be received by Monday 9th. Meanwhile the boat is ready to go back in the water but launch will be delayed because of damaged doors being nailed shut. But boat will be turned over to allow new ropes to be put on. New oars are needed, Topher will be invited to make them, but if he’s not interested Bev or Davy Forsyth.

Bill stressed the importance of having an anchor, properly attached, and knowing how and when to use it is more important than having oars.

Agreed that W will take responsibility for ensuring boat is properly equipped, and someone will go through a service list with him. Andy Cox will continue to ensure there is fuel.

New mooring rope will be fitted during Easter holidays

  1. Road Job: there is still £1200 to be spent, work to be completed by end Feb so invoices can be submitted. Cathy is now signing off invoices, and Cathy or Laurence will advise on which work needs doing. Dale is working on the Badrallach footpath and will continue there. Luke has agreed to clear ditches at Ruigh’Riabhach and Martha will work on the road collapse and blocked ditches below Lotts.

Bill things pebble bags are still the best option for the top track, but there is concern John Sangster’s quarry may be exhausted. Work done with Nigel’s tractor and trailer was good and should be repeated.

Sleeping policemen at the secondary school: there are old posts in the Badluarach car park, or if these are too rotten some telegraph posts . Martha and David will ferry them over.

  1. Chris Latham’s Croft:   Fallen timber will be cleared and logs sold to raise money for STG after the legality of this has been confirmed by Rodney by e-mail to Paul Betts. Plant will be on the market and it was agreed the stone crusher was not worth the price and should be sold off-peninsula. The remaining tractor and two trailers, Bill is of the strong opinion should be bought by SCA for road job and community use. Agreed to contact Rodney to ask for a price.
  1. 5. First Responders. We are now down to six active responders. If there are enough interested people, training sessions could be arranged. Let Cathy, Laurence or Estha know if you’re interested.
  1. Fire Equipment . Bill bought two backpack pumps, one of which is being paid for by the Grazings Committee, he suggested the SCA buy the second. There are two beaters waiting to be brought up and installed near the school and the makings of two more if anyone wants to take on this job. Paul Betts volunteered. Water stations are needed at strategic points on the hill, Laurence will contact Davy Orr to see if he has any 25 litre drums.

Next meeting 21st March                                                                                                           Cathy

1 thought on “SCA meeting minutes from 24th January

Leave a Reply to Anna Novak Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *