Minutes of a Shareholders Meeting held on 27th March 2016
Present: Malcolm Alston (chair), Cathy Dagg (clerk), Jonah Piggott, Nigel Rushforth, Jessie Millard, David Bush, Sandy Lamb, John Davy, Andy Cox, Luke Richards
Apologies: Jo Baker, Lisa Grant
- Tree Planting: Andy Cox has the following trees ready to plant now: 100 alders, 500 rowans, 2500 birches. Planting day to be announced for April 9th, with soup and rolls lunch. 10.15 start. Trees will be left at Malcolm’s turning.
- Fertiliser: Andy has some and there may be another bag at Chris Latham’s. Sandy will check. These will also be put at malcolm’s turning. Small sprinkle required per tree
- Roe Deer: There are 3, maybe 4, resident this side of the deer fence, hiding in Malcolm’s/Beavitts. Malcolm estimates they have already destroyed about 20% of what he planted last year. Only solution is to shoot all. David will do it if they can be driven out onto the hill.
- Fence Repairs: There was more damage than noticed during the walkover after the fire. Agreed that if this takes the job over budget the shortfall will be paid by the Grazing Committee.
- Badacrain: Luke suggested that restoring Badacrain to a croft be considered, mainly as he is looking for a croft. Land east of Lee Brown’s may also be suitable for a small croft. Gerry O’Neill to be asked for advice on how to start this process. It was noted that when Sandy Lamb gets the assignation of Chris Latham’s croft he intends to divide it but the timescale on this could be long.
- Latham croft: Grazings Committee agreed to support Sandy’s proposal to reverse the process of amalgamating the two parts of Chris Latham’s croft into one and to write to the Crofting Commission when and if appropriate. This matter however is for Rodney Latham to decide to initiate.
Next Meeting Sunday 24th April at 4pm in Secondary School