Scoraig Teaching Group
Committee Meeting Minutes 12th January ‘16
Present: Jill, Aggie, Chisha, Zoe, Janet, Estha, Anthea
Apologies: Jessie, Lisa, Mairead
(1) Current Balance £2733.82. Total Receipts this year so far £4666.35. Total Payments this year so far £8699.49. This year so far deficit of £4033.14. (There are a number of anticipated receipts so predicted annual deficit expected to be around £2500±).
(2) Fundraising – Christmas Fayre on 6th Dec raised £108.00 – many thanks to all who contributed.
(1) Village Hall Grant Scheme – application submitted, decision pending on potential £1K.
(2) Driftwood – AT5 Form and Short Assured Tenancy Agreement now signed. Deposit banked with Safe Deposits Scotland. Received EPC and EIRC/PAT Certificates. Recommendations from these reports to be discussed. Gas Safety Certificate still outstanding.
(3) Anna has kindly offered to cover Zoe’s maternity break, Anna to be asked about overlap period with Zoe at the end of March.
(1) Zoe to look into the energy saving trust grant, to evaluate whether or not Driftwood would be eligible for funds toward insulation.
2) Anthea to contact Pat regarding upcycling one of Pat’s stored carpets for use in Driftwood.
(3) Davy to be asked about insulating Driftwood doors.
(4) Zoe to investigate prices for underlay.
5) Stuart and Sandy to receive STG minutes.
(6) Thanks to John Davy for work on Driftwood wall.
(7)Thanks to Lawrence and Estha for the timely advise on the Driftwood Rayburn.
(8) As far as the ongoing gas dilemma is concerned, the committee is awaiting confirmation from a contact from Achiltibuie about a possible gas safe engineer who can come and assess the safety of the cooker in Driftwood in line with the requirement for a Gas Safety Certificate.
(1) Temporary solution to the fuel store problem has been suggested by Anthea involving two wardrobe doors used to replace the rusted corrugated tin covers in use now.
(2) Thank you to Aggie for sorting the toy storage cupboard.
(1) The all-day café and craft fair in December raised £108
(2) Tai Chi is being held every Tuesday at the Secondary school on a per donation basis with an optional Thursday session to all those who cannot make the Tuesday class.
(3) If anyone has any suggestions about fundraising events, please contact a committee member.
Next meeting the 23rd of February 11am.