Link to pdf : STG Meeting Minutes 220316
Link to pdf : STG Meeting Minutes 220316
Scoraig Teaching Group
Committee Meeting Minutes 12th January ‘16
Present: Jill, Aggie, Chisha, Zoe, Janet, Estha, Anthea
Apologies: Jessie, Lisa, Mairead
(1) Current Balance £2733.82. Total Receipts this year so far £4666.35. Total Payments this year so far £8699.49. This year so far deficit of £4033.14. (There are a number of anticipated receipts so predicted annual deficit expected to be around £2500±).
(2) Fundraising – Christmas Fayre on 6th Dec raised £108.00 – many thanks to all who contributed.
(1) Village Hall Grant Scheme – application submitted, decision pending on potential £1K.
(2) Driftwood – AT5 Form and Short Assured Tenancy Agreement now signed. Deposit banked with Safe Deposits Scotland. Received EPC and EIRC/PAT Certificates. Recommendations from these reports to be discussed. Gas Safety Certificate still outstanding.
(3) Anna has kindly offered to cover Zoe’s maternity break, Anna to be asked about overlap period with Zoe at the end of March.
(1) Zoe to look into the energy saving trust grant, to evaluate whether or not Driftwood would be eligible for funds toward insulation.
2) Anthea to contact Pat regarding upcycling one of Pat’s stored carpets for use in Driftwood.
(3) Davy to be asked about insulating Driftwood doors.
(4) Zoe to investigate prices for underlay.
5) Stuart and Sandy to receive STG minutes.
(6) Thanks to John Davy for work on Driftwood wall.
(7)Thanks to Lawrence and Estha for the timely advise on the Driftwood Rayburn.
(8) As far as the ongoing gas dilemma is concerned, the committee is awaiting confirmation from a contact from Achiltibuie about a possible gas safe engineer who can come and assess the safety of the cooker in Driftwood in line with the requirement for a Gas Safety Certificate.
(1) Temporary solution to the fuel store problem has been suggested by Anthea involving two wardrobe doors used to replace the rusted corrugated tin covers in use now.
(2) Thank you to Aggie for sorting the toy storage cupboard.
(1) The all-day café and craft fair in December raised £108
(2) Tai Chi is being held every Tuesday at the Secondary school on a per donation basis with an optional Thursday session to all those who cannot make the Tuesday class.
(3) If anyone has any suggestions about fundraising events, please contact a committee member.
Next meeting the 23rd of February 11am.
STG Meeting Minutes Tuesday 3rd November 2015
Present: Jill, Aggie, Jan, Estha, Lisa, Jessie, Anthea, Zoë
Apolgies: Chisha, Mairead
(1) Admin Update:
(i) Accounts – Current balance £4,637.04. Bills from Nigel and Luke have been received, so total for the Driftwood Porch refurb is now £1210.60. Further stonework required. The Brunch raised £105.05 and the Curry Night £108.
(ii) VAT Charity Registration – STG now recognised by HMRC as a charity for tax purposes. Eligible the following:
Gift Aid – donations above £20 we can claim back income tax paid by donor if they fill in the appropriate form. Suggest now giving out forms.
Small Donations Scheme – donations of £20 or less can claim 25% back from HMRC. Again suggest we do this from now on.
VAT Relief – on some goods and services, power and fuel and goods for disabled people. This needs to be negotiated with suppliers at point of sale so any relevant future purchases should have this in mind.
(iii)OSCR Return – Submitted and accepted though they noted that name of Trustees need to be included in the annual report. I supplied them with the names, Jill Beavitt as Chair, Estha Rushforth as Treasurer and Jessie Millard as Secretary and will ensure this included in future years.
(iv) OSCR Constitution Changes – The appropriate form has been submitted but no response as yet.
(v) Registration as Landlord for Driftwood as Long term Let – Form has been completed and returned. Further requirements are an Energy Performance Certificate (DM Hall or Allied Surveyors could do it £135±), Furnished – fire safety tickets on all furniture supplied. (Jill looking into Gas Saftey and Electrical Certification).
(vi) Village Hall Grant Scheme – due 31st December – confirmed committee is happy for this to be applied for again this year. Potential £1k towards running costs.
(a) Landlord Registration
The various aspects of landlord registration were discussed :
(1) Electrical certificate
(2) Gas certificate
(3) Energy performance certificate
(b) Fire Safety
Book to be started and regular checks need to be done.
(c) Long term let
‘Driftwood’ will be tenanted as a long term (permanent) let as from the 27th December 2015.
For short term tenants fuel will be provided as part of the rent.
(e) List of suppliers
A list of useful suppliers will be provided by the end of December.
(f) Tenancy Agreement
The terms of the tenancy agreement for long-term let were discussed.
(3) Secondary School
(a) Events :
Curry night was successful and enjoyed by all.
Fireworks night to be held Saturday 7th November.
Produce/craft fair and all day cafe to be held Saturday 6th December at the secondary school
10.30 – 3pm. To book a table txt Anthea. ( 0777 0415611)
‘Camping’ in the school will be discussed further at a later date.
Date of next meeting – Tuesday 1st December at 11am
The deadline has now passed for the Scoraig Primary Class Teacher Position so we are no longer responding to enquiries.
Many thanks for your interest and support throughout the process.
Present: Jill, Aggie, Estha, Mairead, Chisha and Zoë
Apologies: Lisa, Anthea, Jessie
Zoë to take minutes. Jill to chair. Next meeting Tuesday 2 June at 11am.
End of Year Accounts – New excel format, new petty cash policy 1 cashier, standing float, Bunkhouse income BACS or cheque.
VAT – STG eligible for reduced rate VAT as charity – form to return to HMRC with most recent accounts to receive certificate.
Office Computer – Thanks to Lee, looking into transfer of files from office computer to external hard drive to facilitate access.
Signatories – Finally completed after much delay/frustration – complaint registered, compensation awarded to STG of £620.40.
Fuel – It was decided any future long-term tenants will be liable to provide their own fuel eg coal and gas.
Summer Bookings – 2 bookings taken already. Further promotion necessary for summer period between Monday 6 July – Friday 14 August. Update website to reflect this, post on Scoraig small ads, contact tourist office, post ad on gumtree. Zoë to do.
Alternative Accommodation Options – As there is currently a long-term tenant and there may again be, it would be good to add more info to the website about alternative options for accommodation. Zoë will co-ordinate.
New Bunkhouse – There was also the suggestion that funding streams could be explored to finance a new purpose built bunkhouse and this should be discussed with SCA, to see if there is interest, and if so, to establish a feasibility group.
Annual Maintenance Schedule – Water crisis at the weekend – filter needs to be changed on a regular basis so Aggie will do so in future. Rayburn needs to be looked after too. Suggested that an annual maintenance schedule is devised and followed. Zoë will prepare a draft for consideration at the next meeting.
Stools ready for use – awaiting feedback from school. (Thanks to Ewan Bush for collection and delivery).
Lighting – Thanks to Hugh for the test spots in kitchen. Consensus please swap out cool white for warm. After discussion, Zoë to explore uplighters too for a more diffuse light option.
Chairs – very comfy and met with general approval – felt feet needed for chairs – Zoë to source in Inverness.
Nursery Toilet Floor – thanks to W for doing it, looks good, still requires some finishing mastic.
Blinds – Kitchen ok for projectors for the time being – we will continue to explore more permanent alternatives for both spaces.
STG Volunteer Day – Old well needs to be filled in. Suggested could combine with other jobs for an STG volunteer day. Bench varnishing to be included. Sunday 5 July is suggested date.
Windmill Workshop – went well – dinners hosted in the school – very positive feedback – £100 earned for STG.
Recurring Water Leak – either roof or water tank – Aggie to contact Aaron to come and give the roof a once over.
Teacher on Committee – In response to offer STG would be delighted to have a primary school teacher join the committee.
Jorgen Talk – projection worked well – described as very inspiring.
AGM – Wednesday 24 June – afternoon tea from 3pm meeting at 4pm.
Polish Food Night – Chisha proposes to host Polish Food night to fundraise for her education.
Children’s Party – Ellie and Don have expressed interest to book school for birthday party at the end of September.
Present: Aggie, Estha, Anthea, Zoë, Jessie, Chisha
Apologies: Jill, Lisa, Mairead
Bookings for Secondary School:
(a) Pasta/pizza night – Sat 14th March
(b) Anthea’s pre-birthday bash – Sat 4th April
(c) Jorgen Neilson talk – Wed 15th April time 8pm t.b.c.
Changes to the constitution were discussed and will be circulated to all the committee for further comment.
Present: Jill, Aggie, Chisha, Zoë, Anthea, Mairead, Jessie
Apologies: Lisa, Estha
(1) Next meeting: meeting set for Thursday 5th March 2015 in 6 weeks time
(2) Admin update:
(a) Accounts – Cash Flow Manager updated Aug-Dec ’14 with associated documentation.
Current Balance £4,620.20
(b) Signatories – Joany removed and Zoë added will be finalised when branch visited to confirm ID.
(c) Bank Account Statements – address delivery admin error now corrected by bank.
(d) Rates Rebate – Form completed and returned to Highland Council (HC) awaiting outcome.
(e) Village Halls Grant Scheme – Application for £1K submitted to HC (including accounts retyped for 2010 -14).
(f) Online registration – STG now registered online with Zurich Insurance and OSCR.
(g) Office – External Hard Drive supplied by Tommy to transfer data from office computer but yet to be done – committee suggested contact Lee to facilitate the process.
(h) Chairs and stools – researched sources of both and shared with the committee
(a) Rental agreement: Administrator to arrange rental agreement with Claire until end of June.
(b) Fridge /freezers: The problems with fridge and freezers are now being dealt with. Thanks to all who have tried to help solve the problem.
(c) Electrics: Hugh asked to look at electric supply from windmill to Driftwood at some point.
(4) Secondary School
(a) Chairs: It was decided to buy new chairs for the Secondary school. In order to raise funds for this an all day cafe event has been proposed. Date to be decided.
(b) Leak: Solutions will be invited to solve problem of leak just inside door of Secondary school.
(c) Gas Smell: John is going to investigate gas smell in kitchen.
(5) Hearing Loop: Discussion ongoing about the possible instalation of a hearing loop in the secondary school.
(6) Events: Various events discussed, dates to be decided.
(7) Constitution: Further discussion about changes to STG constitution. This will be considered over coming months in readiness for AGM.