Click here to see the group and click Join to join it. Moderation is not democratic but the group is open to all genuine, well behaved people.
Scoraig Community Association
Minutes of AGM and meeting held on 14.9.14 PDF download
Present: Laurence Glass, Cathy Dagg, Estha Cutler, Dale Nicholson, Martha Kerr, Nigel Rushforth, Dave Lucas, Liz McMillan, Luke Richards, Djinni van Slyke, Anthea Douglas, Bill Burstall, Andy Cox, Malcolm Alston, Winnie, Bev Beavitt, Mark Fletcher, Aggie Brudenell, Wojcieck Paszczyk, Jill Beavitt
- Chairs Report: Report on the activities of SCA since last AGM was read out by Laurence Glass
- Treasurers Report: Report on the financial state of SCA was read out by Estha Cutler, and accounts produced by Hugh were read and approved
- Mooring Boat finances were reported
- All directors resigned
- Election of directors: Laurence Glass, Malcolm Alston, Cathy Dagg, Wojcieck Paszczyk and Aggie Brudenell were re-elected. Bill Burstall and Dale Nicholson elected as new directors.
- Road Job: Hugh has ordered bags for pebbles and Bill has bought some from Mos: 900 half-size for £50. John Sangster’s digger is still out of action so Andy Cox will try using his machine. Chris Latham’s crusher is working again but hasn’t yet produced any material for the road. It was agreed some hand-digging of ditches would be useful while waiting for sand, especially beyond Shanti Griha. Laurence proposed a meeting of interested road workers to plan the winters work. There is £3000 to spend before the end of February. Malcolm suggested filling of surface puddles should still be a priority. Dale expressed an interest in working on the Badralloch footpath.
- Mooring Boat: Andy Cox offered to take responsibility fo ensuring there is always enough fuel in the boat for a return trip, and to mark the mooring boat fuel tanks for easy identification.Laurence proposes o get a new rope before winter. The boat will be taken out of the water this week and the Serena put in. A plea is put out for all users to make sure they use the correct knot on the mooring rope, and ask to be shown if they’re unsure.
- Pier Extension: Aggie and Andy are working on this , looking at options and funding. Recent work on the Badluarach pier area was carried out by HC roads dept not pier authorities.
- Fire Equipment: Dundonnell Estate is sending us 6 fire beaters. Grazings Committee has a cheque for £169.25 from the fire dept, we need to decide how best to spend it. Backpacks or tanks to fit on quads.
- First Responders: new rota will be distributed by the end of the month
- Shanti Griha: Jill read out a letter the STG proposes to send to Kathrin Cooper asking her to reconsider letting Shanti Griha to Luke and Pixie. Malcolm proposed the letter get the support of the SCA, this was carried unanimously.
- Minutes of meetings: Cathy agreed to produce paper copies and within a week.
- Next meeting: 9th November. This will start as road-job sub-group followed by general meeting.
This fire started near Carnoch early Friday afternoon and rapidly spread over the hill to Achmore. Nobody was hurt and no buildings caught but several fire crews came to the scene by boat. Here is a video by Noel Hawkins of the Summer Queen:
A residential “Build Your Own Wind Turbine” workshop will be held on Scoraig from 26th April to 2nd May. This continues a ten year tradition of workshops during which we build a small wind turbine from scratch and test it. Accommodation is at the “Bunkhouse” behind the Secondary School Buildings, run by Scoraig Teaching Group.