Scoraig Teaching Group committee minutes

Scoraig Teaching Group

Committee Meeting Minutes – Thursday 13 November 2014

Present: Jill Beavitt, Aggie Brudenell, Estha Cutler, Chisha Paszczyk, Lisa Grant, Mairead Martin and Zoë Fothergill Apologies: Jessie Millard and Anthea Douglas

  1. Meetings Procedure – Meeting time now set for 11am on Thursdays. Generally to be at 6 week intervals though the next meeting is to be on 11 December. To proceed with the following standing agenda: 1. Meeting Procedures 2. Admin Update 3. Bunkhouse 4. Secondary School 5. Primary School 6. Events 7. AOB. Members of the committee are invited to contribute to all points on the agenda esp if they are not able to attend. Minutes to be taken by STG Secretary but if not available then STG Administrator will do the necessary. Minutes to be circulated by email to committee and SCA for website then 5 hard copies to be printed; for chair, for noticeboards at secondary school and pier, for Aggie and the STG office records.
  1. Admin Update – Actions – insurance needs to be updated to reflect Bunkhouse short term let. Bank account signatories form to be completed to change Joany’s for Zoë’s details.
  1. Bunkhouse – A short-term tenancy (6 month) agreement will be prepared for moving in date of Saturday 15 November. The committee agreed the rent will be £450 per calendar month to be paid by BACS on 1st Month. (£225 for the rest of this month). Deposit £450. Includes electricity but not any fuel. All committee invited to help with move on Saturday morning from 10.30am.
  1. Secondary School – Platforms – Notice to be made to invite estimates for new step up platforms for children to be made. 5 more for start of new term in January. Estimate by 30 November to STG email address. Chairs – New chairs – Administrator to research new comfy chairs to bring to next meeting. 10 chairs £20 each ±. (Need to pack up well). Path – Thank you to Estha and Aggie for repairing the path to Secondary School. Administrator to research new door mat. Plan Chest – Keep the plan chest in the kitchen/art room. Lighting/Loop – Duncan going to assess lighting and loop system, Hugh also to be consulted. Office – Tommy to be asked to assess the update of IT facilities. Administrator to meet with him to discuss best options.
  1. Primary School – Clothing Bin – Jill suggested clothing bin on other side at pier for unwanted clothes. 40p per kilo would be raised for primary school. The committee agreed it would be a good idea to try it.
  1. Events – Christmas Fair – Administrator to contact Cathy re craft sale to set a date and organise a leaflet to be circulated. Refreshments and/or jumble sale could be done by STG and parents as fundraiser for Primary School Panto outing if suits. Primary School Festive Party – Chisha to liaise with parents/Claire and STG to support with food, games and presents as appropriate.
  1. Parent and Toddler Group – STG happy to host in Secondary School – Mairead to get back to the committee if they would like any further input from STG.
  1. STG Constitution – Committee agreed to take away, read and consider updates to constitution in preparation for discussion at the next meeting on Thursday 11 December.

previous meeting :

Committee Meeting Minutes

4pm Tuesday 14 October 2014

Present: Jill Beavitt, Aggie Brudenell, Anthea Douglas, Estha Cutler, Chisha Paszczyk, Lisa Grant, Jessie Millard, Joany McGuire and Zoë Fothergill

 

Bunkhouse Accommodation – There is agreement to rent the bunkhouse to Claire until the end of her contract in June with grateful thanks that she will be honouring our booking for Christmas time by vacating during that period. During the rental period we agree to explore alternative arrangements for a longer-term solution to accommodate the primary school teacher. The rental terms were discussed and a proposal will be made to Claire. Zoë will arrange to update the website to reflect this situation.

Windmill Workshop – Following on from the bunkhouse agreement STG will gratefully take Hugh up on his offer to run the annual windmill workshop in the first week of July rather than the usual April slot.

Electrical Work at the Bunkhouse – Estha will liaise with Peter to complete the necessary works.

Gas Cooker – The new gas cooker is now installed in the secondary school and in use. STG would like to thank Highland Council for their contribution towards the costs.

Primary School Parent Council – Parent council raised a number of matters that are in need of attention at the primary school including ditches, smoke detectors, grass cutting, decoration and the playground. STG suggested first 2 items are matters for Highland Council. STG offered their strimmer for use by parent volunteers. STG also suggested that a volunteer day for redecoration could work well if the paint etc were purchased in advance. STG agreed that Zoë will spend time researching possible funding sources for an update to the playground.

Bonfire Night – Date set for Friday 7 November. 5pm at secondary school for food with fireworks to follow.

Internal Communication – Concerns were raised that current communication methods could be improved and it was agreed that email works well for most so Zoë will circulate an email to everyone so addresses are shared. This will include a link to doodle calendar to see if that will help facilitate the setting of meeting dates.

Constitution Revisit – Zoë suggested STG constitution could benefit from a revisit and it was agreed that this item will be on the agenda for the next STG Committee Meeting in November.

AGM 2014

Scoraig Community Association

AGM 2014

Minutes of AGM and meeting held on 14.9.14 PDF download

AGM

Present: Laurence Glass, Cathy Dagg, Estha Cutler, Dale Nicholson, Martha Kerr, Nigel Rushforth, Dave Lucas, Liz McMillan, Luke Richards, Djinni van Slyke, Anthea Douglas, Bill Burstall, Andy Cox, Malcolm Alston, Winnie, Bev Beavitt, Mark Fletcher, Aggie Brudenell, Wojcieck Paszczyk, Jill Beavitt

  1. Chairs Report: Report on the activities of SCA since last AGM was read out by Laurence Glass
  2. Treasurers Report: Report on the financial state of SCA was read out by Estha Cutler, and accounts produced by Hugh were read and approved
  3. Mooring Boat finances were reported
  4. All directors resigned
  5. Election of directors: Laurence Glass, Malcolm Alston, Cathy Dagg, Wojcieck Paszczyk and Aggie Brudenell were re-elected. Bill Burstall and Dale Nicholson elected as new directors.

Meeting

  1. Road Job: Hugh has ordered bags for pebbles and Bill has bought some from Mos: 900 half-size for £50. John Sangster’s digger is still out of action so Andy Cox will try using his machine. Chris Latham’s crusher is working again but hasn’t yet produced any material for the road. It was agreed some hand-digging of ditches would be useful while waiting for sand, especially beyond Shanti Griha. Laurence proposed a meeting of interested road workers to plan the winters work. There is £3000 to spend before the end of February. Malcolm suggested filling of surface puddles should still be a priority. Dale expressed an interest in working on the Badralloch footpath.
  2. Mooring Boat: Andy Cox offered to take responsibility fo ensuring there is always enough fuel in the boat for a return trip, and to mark the mooring boat fuel tanks for easy identification.Laurence proposes o get a new rope before winter. The boat will be taken out of the water this week and the Serena put in. A plea is put out for all users to make sure they use the correct knot on the mooring rope, and ask to be shown if they’re unsure.
  3. Pier Extension: Aggie and Andy are working on this , looking at options and funding. Recent work on the Badluarach pier area was carried out by HC roads dept not pier authorities.
  4. Fire Equipment: Dundonnell Estate is sending us 6 fire beaters. Grazings Committee has a cheque for £169.25 from the fire dept, we need to decide how best to spend it. Backpacks or tanks to fit on quads.
  5. First Responders: new rota will be distributed by the end of the month
  6. Shanti Griha: Jill read out a letter the STG proposes to send to Kathrin Cooper asking her to reconsider letting Shanti Griha to Luke and Pixie. Malcolm proposed the letter get the support of the SCA, this was carried unanimously.
  7. Minutes of meetings: Cathy agreed to produce paper copies and within a week.
  8. Next meeting: 9th November. This will start as road-job sub-group followed by general meeting.

Guardian Croft for sale

Remote but in Community guardian-

Croft for sale

Do you want to live on six acres in an outstandingly beautiful and unspoilt part of Scotland? Do you want to live somewhere that is both remote and
connected, where both solitude and community can easily be found? Are you attracted to the challenge and simplicity of living off-grid, in a place where you park your car and either walk three and a half miles along a mountain footpath to reach your home, or cross Little Loch Broom in a boat?
If the answer to these questions is Yes, then
Guardian Croft on the Scoraig peninsula may be for
you.  More in this pdf
Contact
Phone me, Andrew Rivett, on 01559 362350 between 9am and 9pm.
Email: Scoraigcroft@gmail.com